| Your Journey |
5 Phases of Assisted Self-Publishing with Rutledge Hill
Self-publishing empowers you to publish the book you envision.
The journey can be challenging if you go it alone – but that's where we come in. As an assisted self-publishing company, we guide you through the process, putting professional services at your fingertips, sharing our industry knowledge, and supporting you along the way. Here are five phases of publishing your book with Rutledge Hill:
A well-developed plan helps you define your goal and how to reach it:
- Talk it out: Discuss your book and goals with your Rutledge Hill publishing consultant.
- Choose a publishing package: Select the package that best fits your needs.
Editing is a critical step in crafting an impactful book. We recommend editing to every author who cares about the reception of his or her work. Our experienced editors help elevate your work to a professional level:
- Send us your drafted manuscript: Our editorial staff completes the editing services you've selected.
- Improve your message: We never edit away your unique voice, but instead amplify it by clarifying your narrative, and catching overlooked errors.
Creating a professional, quality book is essential to showcase your message and compete in the marketplace:
- Send us your final manuscript: Your check-in-coordinator works with you to ensure we have everything necessary to begin designing your book.
- Provide input: We create your unique book cover and interior based on your direction and our industry knowledge and experience.
- Review and approve your book: You receive e-proofs of your book, and it's ready for publication once you approve the cover, interior, and pricing.
You've worked hard to write and publish your book. Now it's time to finally hold it in your hands:
- Hold the first printed copy of your book: We print your book through HarperCollins' quality system and send it straight to your door.
- Reach readers: Your book is available through HarperCollins Focus' distribution network, which includes major wholesalers and retailers, such as Amazon.com and Barnes and Noble.
- Order copies: Contact us to order your free copies and any additional copies you need.
When your goals include commercial success or reaching a wide audience, you need to promote your book:
- Launch your marketing plan: Power your marketing plan with a mix of social media, advertising, publicity, and events to reach your niche audience. Browse our online resources for marketing tips.
- Receive sales representation (if included in package): For select books with this service, the HarperCollins Focus sales team represents your book and focuses on in-store placement.